Thanks to the hard work of the Evad3rs jailbreak team, the iOS 6 / 6.1 untethered jailbreak has become a reality. This jailbreak is essential to spoofing your location on iOS devices as well as a multitude of other things.
Supported devices: All iOS devices supported including the iPhone 5, on iOS 6.0 through iOS 6.1. Apple TV 3 though is not supported.
Supported firmware versions: iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1
- Computer running Windows XP or above, Mac OS X, or Linux
- An iOS device running iOS 6.x
- A USB cable to connect your device to your computer
- Download the Evasi0n jailbreak tool tailored for your computer (Windows / Mac / Linux) on their website or click the link that corresponds to your device below:
- Download iOS 6.1 (if its not already on it) and update your device to it using iTunes. Click on the link that is right for your device:
- Disable the lock passcode of your iOS device by going to Settings–>General–>Passcode Lock off
- Make sure all iOS and iTunes related things are off until evasi0n is complete.
- Start the Evasi0n jailbreak tool.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer via the usb cable.
- Click the Jailbreak button and relax as the software does its thing. If the program gets stuck at a certain part, it’s best to restart the program and reboot your device (Hold down power and home). Then rerun the program.
- Once it’s finished, unlock your iOS Device, and look for a “Jailbreak” app on the home screen. Tap on it and the screen will go black for a couple of seconds. After a short while, it will be back on the home screen. Everything else afterwards is automated. Once the Evasi0n program on your computer says “Jailbreak complete!”, your device will reboot several times to complete the process.
- And you are done! Open Cydia and choose what type of user they are (user, developer or hacker). Now you can get back to spoofing your location if you couldn’t beforehand!